At ventriloc, we develop innovative data solutions for humans in charge of making informed decisions. We have the strong conviction that it is the individuals who make up the team that are our strength; a professional and highly qualified team in business intelligence. By joining our ranks, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of the team and play a key role in enhancing the value of our partners’ data.
Learn from our experts
You will have the chance to collaborate with a team made up of experts in the industry you are passionate about, business intelligence. You will work on captivating projects that make a real difference for our partners. At ventriloc, you will be surrounded by colleagues who are passionate about what they do and who are not afraid to share their expertise.
Our data visualization service is looking for someone who is passionate about data valorization, who thrives on challenges and who is not afraid to think outside the box and propose new ways to visualize data. If you have a strong interest in data and always feel the need to present it visually when you see it, this opportunity is for you.
- Animate working sessions with users (partners) to identify their analytical needs;
- Document analytical needs through principles following the Agile project management methodology;
- Develop a good understanding of the business context in which analytical solutions will be used;
- Have an excellent understanding of the analytical or decision-making process followed by users of analytical applications;
- Document the calculation rules used to calculate the performance indicators and measures to be used by reports and dashboards;
- Develop analytical application interfaces using data visualization tools such as Microsoft Power BI;
- Advise the user on the optimal presentation of information in order to promote the adoption of data solutions developed for the user;
- In consultation with the solution architect, modify or design the data model necessary to support the analytical needs stated by the user;
- In consultation with project managers, estimate the effort and time required to complete the design, development and testing of the analytical solutions to be implemented;
- Respect the production dates of the deliverables, as agreed with the project manager and/or client;
- In consultation with the user, prepare prototypes of analytical solutions and improve them iteratively;
- Follow the evolution of technologies in relation to the design and implementation of analytical solutions;
- Follow ventriloc’s administrative processes such as producing weekly timesheets, producing expense reports and vacation requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a field relevant to the function;
- Master’s degree in business intelligence (important asset);
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in business intelligence;
- Advanced knowledge of the DAX expression language and PowerQuery (M);
- Advanced knowledge of data modeling of a data warehouse (e.g. Multidimensional (star schema), data vault 2.0);
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Power Platform (Microsoft Power BI, Power Apps and Power Automate);
- Active exam certification: PL-300: Microsoft Power BI Data Analyst (asset);
- Excellent oral and written communication, including the writing of technical reports to be delivered to partners;
- Great intellectual curiosity and on the lookout for the latest trends in business intelligence;
- Good analytical and synthesis skills, results-oriented and focus on customer service;
- Demonstrate a very good capacity for influence and decision-making;
- Adaptability and good change management;
- Rigor, concern for the quality of the work delivered and open-mindedness.
- A competitive salary representing your skills and expertise;
- Training incentives;
- 5 days of paid leave for personal reasons (e.g. illness);
- A flexible work schedule allowing you to balance work and family;
- 100% teleworking (we still keep time for everyone to get together!);
- Payment of 50% of the costs associated with the organization’s group insurance program;
- $500 per year to a health/wellness program via the Tedy platform;
- Access to a telemedicine program (Telus Health);
- A paid day off on your birthday;
- Possibility of participating in the company’s telephone program to have access to a cellular plan at advantageous rates;
- New computer equipment to start your job;
- Possibility to contribute to Fondaction via payroll deduction;
- A dynamic working atmosphere with people who already want to work with you!
Ready to take your career to another level?
We are convinced that you are and we look forward to meeting you!